It is YOUR responsibility to read these rules and abide by them. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action.
Rule 1. Character accounts
The character limit here is one (1) main and five (5) alts. If you are found to have more than this more than generous limit, you risk having one character deleted at random.
- You are responsible for all activities on your accounts. Safeguard your password. Do not share it with others.
- If you have multiple family members playing at your location, it is YOUR responsibility to inform us. If we have no record of this, and one player violates our rules, all players on the IP will be affected.
- Mimicry of characters is strictly prohibited. Try to keep your characters as original as is possible. If you are contacted by someone who has the same ideas as you for their character and they are not comfortable with the similarities, you are to attempt to alter your character enough that it is different. For example, you may both still be a similar race, but you may have to alter your character's general appearance, abilities, or history to make it more your own. If you don't know how to do this, try talking to the person who contacted you. More often than not, they are gladly willing to try to help you come up with new ideas. There are so many creative minds in Forbidden Realm to gain assistance from!
Rule 2. Interactions with staffers
Staffers volunteer their time without compensation to keep FR a relaxed and fun place to play.
- Rulings of staff members are final. Do not argue with a staff member in the execution of their duties.
- If you are given direction by a staffer, comply. If you are unable to comply, send a petition immediately.
- If you disagree with the decision of the staffer, or feel you have been wronged, comply with their wishes, and log out. Send an email to email@example.com and your situation will be evaluated by the RPGLink Resolution Team.
Rule 3. Adult content
Adult content is defined as any situation which would be inappropriate for children under the age of 13, This includes graphic depiction of torture, mutilation or sexual content.
- Adult content is forbidden in public areas at all times. Since you are 17 years of age or older, we expect a level of maturity from you.
- Cybersex will be permitted between adults in private areas, such as dwellings and/or YoMs.
- All such interactions must be consensual – there will be zero tolerance for scenarios involving rape or other non-consensual activities.
RAPE IS NEVER ALLOWED EVEN IF AGREED TO FOR RP PURPOSES. IF YOU RP RAPE, YOU WILL BE BANNED.
- Incest is defined as sexual intercourse between persons so closely related that they are forbidden by law to marry; also : the statutory crime of such a relationship.
INCEST IS FORBIDDEN ON THIS SITE. IF YOU RP INCEST, YOU WILL BE BANNED.
- Beastiality will not be tolerated on this site. This means that any sexual interaction between a non-human and a human is illegal.
+ To make this as simple as possible for all to understand, any penetration of or by a human, of or by a non-human organ is bestiality. If you must cyber in non-human forms, you are restricted to same-species interactions.
+ IF THIS CONFUSES YOU THEN PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ANY STAFF MEMBER.
- You must be 17 years of age or older to play here on FR. If you are 17, you are a MINOR. There will be ABSOLUTELY NO CYBERING BY MINORS. Additionally, IF YOU RP AS A MINOR YOU CAN NOT CYBER. Voluntary opt-out of adult activities is available to any who request, as well as mandatory for any player 17 years of age. This will be noted in a player's biography by a pink ribbon. Any character who is aged less than 18 years will also bear this ribbon. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE REMOVAL OF THIS RIBBON UPON EITHER YOU OR YOUR CHARACTER'S ATTAINMENT OF THE AGE OF 18 YEARS. Do NOT expect the staffers to do this for you automatically. Your opt-out, whether voluntary or not, will remain in effect until you ask for its termination. Any violation of this rule will result in permanent bans for all involved.
Rule 4. Restricted topics
Some topics do not belong in our chats. If you are asked by a staff member to stop an avenue of discussion, you are to comply immediately. If you have any questions, feel free to petition.
- Topics such as pedophilia, rape, religion, abortion, drugs or drug-related paraphernalia are not permitted.
- Certain other topics are up to the discretion of each staff member. If there must be debate on such topics, restrict it to YoMs or dwellings.
We understand that not everyone lives a “perfect” life. There are times when we may need an outlet to our personal issues. FR is NOT such a place. Do NOT bring RL issues with other players, other sites, or any other drama to our site.
Rule 5. Chat etiquette
Following these simple guidelines will keep our chats moving smoothly.
- Chat speak (wtf, omg, lmao, rofl, etc) is not allowed in chats on FR.
- Any use of a foreign language requires a translation immediately afterwards in parenthesis (). If a given translation is found to be false or misleading, the offending player will be muted. Use of unicode symbols (aka wingdings, emojis, etc) are to be done at the risk of the player. If said symbols are incompatible with the chat, or cause the AJAX features to act improperly, the offending post will be deleted immediately by the moderator on duty.
- Excessive foul language is not permitted. We employ a filter to block certain restricted words. While we understand that you may wish to express yourself with a profane word or two, and we have no problems with that, we do reserve the right to limit such usage. If you trip the filter, do NOT ask what word tripped it, nor should you attempt to avoid the filter. Any such effort will result in a mute not to exceed 3 real-life days.
- Fighting is strictly limited to the Djust Desert, Stormhaven or Nastrond (for modern and high tech weapons). There shall be no destruction of any structures in any other city on-site. If you throw a tantrum and destroy any other village, structure, or dwelling other than in Djust or Stormville, disciplinary action will be taken.
- OOC is confined to Frostville. Site rules regarding content still apply.
Rule 6. Discipline
Disciplining players is no fun, and we are all here to enjoy ourselves. If you act in a manner contrary to our rules, you will receive disciplinary action.
- Discipline may be as simple as a warning, or as complicated as a permanent ban. If you are disciplined, please accept the discipline, and log out if you desire. Please send in a petition if you do not believe that such discipline was warranted, and be prepared to explain why and present any evidence you may have.
- If you attempt to evade discipline (creating an alt character to evade a mute, switching IP addresses, etc), you will be caught and permanently banned from our site.
Rule 7. Advertising, links, other sites
It may sound very trivial, but the site staff works very hard to keep FR an enjoyable place for all. To that end, we take any attempt to "poach" or divert our players to another site very seriously.
- Any link (including those to avatars, youtube, etc) posted on-site (chat, YoM, bio, etc.) without explicit permission of the owner(s) or the server administrator (RPGLink) is strictly prohibited.
- Mentioning any LoGD site that is NOT a member of RPGLink (www.rpglink.in) is strictly prohibited. This includes mentioning of other sites either by name or abbreviation.
- Conversely, if a report comes in about you violating this rule on another site by advertising, you will be disciplined as well.
- We're here to have a good time and to escape the confinement of reality, or the persecution of others on other games. There is an advertising tracker and filter installed on this realm, and it will notify the staffers if and when a player violates this rule. Failure to comply will result in removal of your right to send YoMs, muting, or possible banishment.
Rule 8. General civility expected
Not everyone gets along all of the time, and we respect that. To that end, we are confident that there is no player on this site who wishes to be accused of or the recipient of cyber bullying. We will treat any unwarranted attack on a player as such. If you choose not to be civil, we offer both chat ignore and YoM ignore features. Use them.
Rule 9. Cheating
There are many facets to the term cheating. Any discovery of these will result in disciplinary action.
- Godmodding is taking control of another player's character. Whether that be attacking and not giving the player a chance to block or doing something to another player's property without their permission first. Godmod can also be when a player never takes a hit, they always avoid the attacks. Let's face it, no-one is THAT good. Also new characters should not be all powerful at first, you will need to build them up first. Godmod is frowned upon by others, and it is not fun for the other participant(s) who might be trying to develop their characters at a comfortable pace. Please read our player forums for more information on godmodding and metagaming.
- Finding a bug and exploiting it for your personal gain (this includes using scripts to GK/level and forge) is considered cheating, and will be treated as such. It is strongly recommended that you petition in such a bug. You may be rewarded for doing so. Over-purchasing hitpoints to defeat players in PvP is such an exploit, and is frowned upon. If necessary, we will restrict players from PvP, limit hitpoints, or remove the ability to purchase hitpoints.
Rule 10. Avatars
FR provides a free avatar to any player who wishes to use one. Such avatars must remain tasteful in nature, and not be overtly sexual or graphically depictive.
- Nudity is forbidden in avatars.
- A general guideline would be Akasha's avatar. If yours is more explicit than hers, it will not be validated.
- The validation of avatars is at the discretion of the online staffer(s) at the time of your submission. If you are asked to choose another avatar, please do so.
Please make sure you have read all rules and abide by them.
Last Updated: June 23, 2016 (hd)
This site is an RPGLink member site.
Use of this website constitutes acknowledgement of the RPGLink Terms and Conditions which can be viewed at www.rpglink.in/.